Who we are and how to contact us
- www.norfolkscreen.co.uk is a website operated by Norfolk Screen CIC (referred to in these terms as “Norfolk Screen”, “we“, “us”, “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12657104 and have our registered office at C/O MHA Larking Gowen, King Street House, 15 Upper King Street, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom, NR3 1RB.
- To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website you accept these terms
- If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may make changes to these terms or our site
- We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We may update and change our site from time to time.
Availability of our Site
- Our site is made available free of charge (although charges may apply if you wish to register as a member on our site).
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Content on our site
- We will aim to ensure that any information or other content reflected on this website is correct, accurate and complete. However, we can give no warranties or guarantees to this effect.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it by us. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Any content you upload or otherwise provide to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You will retain the intellectual property rights in any content that you upload, but you grant us a royalty free, worldwide, fully paid up licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- You shall not upload content or use this website for any illegal, discriminatory, unlawful, sexist, racist or otherwise inappropriate purpose or upload any content that infringes the rights of any third party. We shall retain the right to prevent your use of this website (or parts of it) in these circumstances and remove any such inappropriate or infringing content. You will indemnify us for any loss, cost or damage that we suffer or incur in connection with your breach of this paragraph.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- We are not responsible for any content uploaded by you or any other users to this website, and this content has not necessarily been verified or approved by us.
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Information on the website is subject to change without notice and Norfolk Screen can incur no liability around this. We will as a service do our best to ensure that information is up to date as possible.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user, we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are not a party to any contract made by you with a Production Company or any other third party which has been introduced to you on our site and we shall not be liable to you for any losses or damage suffered (of any kind and whether direct or indirect) as a result of any contract, agreement or arrangement of any form which you enter into with a Production Company or any other third party as a result of the use of our site.
How we may use your personal information
Registering for a membership on our site or to feature on the Norfolk Screen database
- Membership benefits may change and, where possible, will be publicised on the website.
- Details of the membership fees can be found on the Norfolk Screen website, however currently we will not be charging Facilities & Services and Cast & Crew a fee to be listed on the Norfolk Screen site. Norfolk Screen reserves the right to charge a membership fee in future, or to increase the existing membership fee on a yearly basis and you will be informed if this occurs.
- All those registering for membership on our website or applying to be included in our database must be at least 18 years old.
- We reserve the right to decline any user’s application for a membership for any reason and at our sole discretion and we shall not be required to provide any justification for such decision.
- In the event that you take out membership in an incorrect category we reserve the right to terminate your membership with no obligation to repay the membership fee (where one has been paid).
- For those registering on our Locations database you must have a location within Norfolk. If you submit and pay your fee (where applicable) and your location is not based in Norfolk we will not refund your payment. Norfolk Screen will ensure that it offers free membership to those organisations listed on its website including council owned properties, English Heritage, National Trust, Museums, Church/Cathedral, Broads Authority & Forestry Commission.
- For those registering as members on our Facilities and Services database your company must be based either in Norfolk, or able to work in the County without charging overnights. If you submit and your company is not based in the areas outlined we will cancel your membership.
- For those registering as members on our Cast and Crew database you must either be based in Norfolk or within a 50 mile radius of Norwich City Centre and willing to work in Norfolk without charging overnights.. If you submit and your not based in the areas outlined we will cancel your membership.
- We reserve the right to charge users to register as cast, crew, facilities, services, locations, property through our website (at our sole and absolute discretion) at the rates set out on our website. We shall not be obliged to register any user unless and until payment of any applicable charges have been made in full to us. These charges are non-refundable and shall be made in £ sterling in cleared funds.
- We shall be permitted to terminate your membership or /and remove your information from our website with immediate effect in the following circumstances:
- if we believe (in our sole discretion) that false statements were made by you when registering on our site;
- in the case of loss or suspicion of misuse of the access data by you or any person acting on your behalf;
- if any serious act committed by you gives us reasonable grounds for so doing.
- If Norfolk Screen ceases to operate as an organisation we will cancel your membership and this will be non refundable.
- If we believe that information provided does not reflect your job roles / bio / selected credits we then reserve the right to remove selected job roles from your application if not evidenced in your registration.
- We shall not offer refunds if your membership is cancelled.
- You shall be permitted to cancel your membership with us and remove your information from our site at any time. To do so, please email email@example.com. However, please note that any membership fee you have paid will remain non-refundable.
- You acknowledge that by purchasing a membership with us you are not guaranteed to receive any offers of work or opportunities to provide services to third parties.
We may transfer this Agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract
You must keep your account details safe
- If you register as a member with you will create a user identification code/username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?