Norfolk Screen: Privacy Statement
It is important to note that when you register at Norfolk Screen we will ask specific personal information in order to be able to help with your enquiry / or to support those interested in Filming in Norfolk access the right services. This information will need to be recorded and stored on our systems and this will be explained further throughout this document.
- Important Information
- Data Protection Principles
- How we collect information about you
- What information we collect and how we use it
- Disclosures of your personal data
- International transfers
- How we store your data at Norfolk Screen
- Why we process your data at Norfolk Screen
- When and why we share your information at Norfolk Screen
- Lawful basis for using your information
- Your legal rights
1. Important information
Unless expressly stated otherwise (for example, in relation to youth events), this website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Norfolk Screen is the “controller” for the purposes of data protection legislation and is therefore responsible for your personal data.
Name: Claire Chapman
E-mail address: email@example.com
Registered Postal address: Managing Director, Norfolk Screen, 17-19 St. Georges Street, Norwich, England, NR3 1AB
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated in January 2021.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications, such as links to production services, studio space, facilities, locations etc. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. Data protection principles
Norfolk Screen adheres to the principles set out in data protection legislation when handling personal data. These principles require personal data to be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Not kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed.
- Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place.
- Made available to data subjects and allow data subjects to exercise certain rights in relation to their personal data
3. How we collect information about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We collect and process personal data about you when you:
- book and/or attend one of our networking events;
- register or become a member on our databases;
- contact us via e-mail, telephone, post or through social media;
- provide your information to us at an event (such as trade fairs);
- submit an enquiry to us; and
- sign up to our newsletter.
Personal data is usually collected from you through direct interaction with us (either in person, by phone, by e-mail, by post, via social media or through this website). For example, you will provide your personal information when you register on our database.
We may on occasion collect personal data from our partners or third parties, such as other businesses or sub-contractors that collect personal data about you, who have provided your personal information to us, either with your consent or on some other lawful basis. In particular, and where relevant, we may collect personal data from online databases such as IMDb.
4.What information we collect and how we use it
The personal data that we collect will include:
- Contact details and other key information about you, including your name, age, address, telephone number and e-mail address, location information and film/TV credits;
- Payment information, including credit/debit card details and bank account details (for example, if you register on our cast and crew site);
- Contact history, such as any communications with us by telephone, e-mail, post, through our website or via social media (including personal data collected as a result of security incident or accident);
- Responses to surveys and promotions;
- Marketing preferences; and
- Technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, session replay data and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
We will also collect and process the following categories of Sensitive Personal Data (as defined in the Glossary) about you within the cast and crew membership. This is optional to complete on the registration form:
- Sexual Orientation
- Race and ethnicity;
- Details of any disabilities;
- Religion; and
- Details of your background (such as whether you consider yourself to be from a disadvantaged background).
We will generally use your personal data to:
- Provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- Contact you by post, e-mail, telephone and via social media regarding our activities, events and services that you have requested from us;
- Process financial transactions (including collection of payments for registering on Norfolk Screen Databases, management of any additional charges and fees and administration of any refunds);
- Generally, administer our relationship with you;
- Register and publically display your details on our Locations, Productions, Facilities and Services, and Cast and Crew databases which will be listed on our website;
- To connect with you via our mailing list (which will be hosted via a third-party site – MailChimp);
- To contact you on an annual basis to ensure the details we hold are still correct and valid;
- Respond to enquiries as and when required;
- Send you information by post or e-mail about new productions, events, offers, updates and news;
- Process any donations/sponsorship and verify any financial transactions;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including the recommendations of Companies House;
- Keep a record of your relationship with us;
- Prevent and detect fraud;
- Provide customer service and support (including investigating complaints);
- Train our staff and carry out quality control;
- Review and improve our service;
- Use data analytics to improve this website, marketing, customer relationships, user experience and our organisation in general;
- Administer and protect the website and our organisation (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and system maintenance and network security); and
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features on the website.
We will use the Sensitive Personal Data which you provide to us to:
- Carry out equal opportunities and diversity monitoring;
- To collate Aggregated Data in relation to the diversity of our database (see above for more information about Aggregated Data);
- To provide such Aggregated Data to businesses and production crews who request such data; and
- To use the Aggregated Data in the course of making applications for funding.
Please note we will not be looking to share your information with any external party for marketing or promotional purposes and will only look to share it with agencies, businesses and production crews who are looking to film in Norfolk and the surrounding area (or within East Anglia). We will not share the Sensitive Personal Data which you provide to us with any third parties unless you have provided us with your explicit consent to do so.
- If you are a consumer, we will only contact you by e-mail for marketing purposes if you have given us your opt-in consent to do so. Please note that we will continue contacting you about information that is connected to the contract that you have with us, including a networking event that you have booked. We will also continue to contact you to provide you with our newsletter if you have previously requested to receive it.
- or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the relevant e-mail.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
- Third party booking, for the purposes of administering your booking for networking events.
- Any other suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with the products or services that you have requested from us.
- Production teams, in order to provide information on local talent, services, cast and crew.
- Fundraising platform providers, for the purposes of collecting donations and sponsorship.
- Service providers who provide IT, security, software, marketing, advertising and system administration services.
- Third party agencies, such as credit reference agencies, for identification verification purposes.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, experts, accountants, insurers and other third parties who provide legal, banking, consultancy, accounting, insurance and other related services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not and will not sell your personal data to any third party.
6. International transfers
Some of our external third party service providers or partners may be based outside the UK, in which case, their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the ICO (such as the countries within the European Economic Area).
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the ICO which give personal data the same protection as it has under UK data protection law.
Alternatively, we may transfer your personal data outside the UK where data protection law allows or requires us to do so.
7. How we store your data at Norfolk Screen
All information you provide to us is stored with Norfolk Screen and we will put in place all steps necessary to protect your personal data. We take every precaution to ensure data is safe and secure however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Email newsletters – updating subscribers regarding the Norfolk Screen organisation, this will include new locations, completed filming projects and upcoming productions and events. Should you wish at any time to unsubscribe you can do so by following the instructions within any electronic communication which will automatically unsubscribe you. In addition you may reply by email requesting that your email address be unsubscribed whereby a member of the team will confirm within 30 days your request being received.
Norfolk Screen will also maintain a list of people, businesses, agencies, locations and production facilities who have expressed an interest in receiving updates about projects or Filming in the County.
Locations and professional service information will be held for up to 5 years or until the termination of the Norfolk Screen agency to facilitate future filming enquiries; unless you request your information to be removed from our website beforehand. Filming enquiries will be held for 3 years for monitoring purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. Why we process your data at Norfolk Screen
It is vital that we process your data in order to provide you with the best services that you are requesting and are entitled too. Examples of this may include:
- If you wish to register to use your property as a filming location online at norfolkscreen.co.uk your information is needed to list the property on the website and ensure we have the correct contact details should we receive a filming enquiry. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you wish to register your professional services online at norfolkscreen.co.uk your contact information is needed to list your information on the website so that you can be contacted for prospective jobs. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you have contacted us and require us to reply to you, your information is needed to enable us to make contact with you.
Please note that personal information will only be displayed on the website with the individual’s opt-in consent.
9. When and why we share your information at Norfolk Screen
Sometimes, in order to process your enquiry, we need to share the information that you give us; either with external organisations or businesses such examples include District Councils, Location settings/Scouts/Managers, Production Companies, Creative England, Studio, Facilities, Legal Teams, Agencies, Accountants and all those involved with the nature of your enquiry.
A few examples of how and why we share your data are:
- If you are making a filming enquiry that wishes to make use of services within the Local Authority, we may need to ensure that they are aware of your interest and/or allow them to communicate with you directly in order that the request can be processed efficiently
- If your request cannot be accommodated within Norfolk Screen’s location database, we may refer you to the wider databases held by Creative England or other agencies in order that alternatives can be identified.
All third parties with whom we share personal data have been checked to ensure they will also apply proper security measures
We will not share any Sensitive Personal Data which you provide to us with any third parties unless you give us your explicit consent.
10. Lawful basis for using your information
In some cases, we will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, because you have booked an event with us).
However, there are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information, including where we have a “legitimate interest”. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for the Norfolk Screen to process your information to promote film in the local community and fulfil our charitable objectives (for example, seeking sponsorship money).
Whenever we process your personal data on the basis of a “legitimate interest”, we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that there is a disproportionate privacy impact on you.
11. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We want to reassure you that we work hard to protect your data and that we endeavor to process your enquiry and deliver the services that you are entitled to in the best way possible. However, if you have any concerns relating to this or your Privacy in general, please speak to (or contact) us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information around Norfolk Screen’s Term and Conditions please click here.
“Personal data”, or “personal information”, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
“Sensitive Personal Data” means information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health conditions, sexual life, sexual orientation, biometric or genetic data, and personal data relating to criminal offences and convictions.
“Legitimate interest” means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the privacy impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us
“Performance of contract” means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
“Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation” means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.