There are around 550 square miles of West Norfolk and every single one of them has something to surprise, inspire and delight, with stunning nature reserves, Fens waterlands, glorious sandy beaches, the seaside resort of Hunstanton, maritime history of King’s Lynn, and country homes including Sandringham, the Queen’s rural retreat.
If you are interested in Filming in West Norfolk & Kings Lynn you will need to complete a filming application form which can be found here.
Before making an application, please read their filming guidelines, which should answer most questions you may have about filming on our land.
To make an application you’ll need:
- an electronic copy of your public liability insurance
- the date(s) you want to film on
- details of your crew, and the equipment and vehicles you’ll be bringing
- the exact location, street name, or postcode of where you want to film
If your filming is straightforward (hand-held cameras, minimal crew) you should complete a basic filming application. There is no charge for this.
If your filming is complex (large equipment, road closures, special effects) you should complete a complex filming application. There is a charge of £30 for this.
If you are interested in filming on council-owned land in West Norfolk and Kings Lynn, get in touch with their film-friendly team, who will be able to advise and help you discuss permits, licences and any additional information you will need to film.
Other people you may need to contact:
- The owners of any private land you want to film on
- Norfolk County Council, who are responsible for public roads in west Norfolk
- Norfolk Constabulary
- Anglian Water, who are responsible for waterways in west Norfolk
- The relevant parish council(s)
Named Contact: Communications Team
Contact Number: +44 (0)1553 616506
TOP FILMING DESTINATIONS IN WEST NORFOLK