The Great Yarmouth Borough is a unique and evocative place, boasting an iconic seaside resort, miles of sandy beaches, and rich historic architecture – all special locations on the threshold of the Broads National Park and North Sea. The Borough Council has an experienced team who are happy to advise you on locations, ownership and permissions. The area also offers plenty of reasonably-priced accommodation for crew.
During 2018, Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle and screenwriter Richard Curtis visited the borough to shoot key scenes for their new film, including a concert scene at Gorleston Beach involving local people among 6,000 extras playing the audience
“It has been amazing, we’ve had such a joyful time here. Gorleston is very beautiful. It’s one of the great secrets of England, I think, that beach. I didn’t know this beach at all until we came here and it’s very beautiful”. Danny Boyle, Director.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has available a variety of special locations for filming and commercial photography, including:
- Beautiful beaches and busy historic seafronts (Great Yarmouth and Gorleston-on-sea)
- Historic South Quay (along the River Yare and described by Daniel Defoe as “the finest quay in England, if not in Europe”)
- A traditional Market Place (one of the largest and oldest in England)
- Impressive medieval town wall and defensive towers (second best preserved in England)
- Grand historic Town Hall (19th century renaissance-style civic building)
- Beacon Park (modern landscaped business park)
If you are interested in filming in Great Yarmouth, get in touch with their film-friendly team, who will be able to advise and help you discuss permits, licenses and any additional information you will need to film.
Please complete and submit the Filming and Commercial Photography Application Form [420kb] to email@example.com along with your public liability insurance certificate, risk assessment and any other relevant documents identified in the application form.
This applies to both major and small-scale productions, including TV documentaries. For students who wish to film in public spaces, the form should be completed and submitted by your course tutor.
More information about filming in Great Yarmouth including the use of drones, fees, and locations can be found here.
Named Contact: Chloe Ingram or Clare Dyble
Contact Number: +44 (0)1493 846157 / or 846120