A new talent initiative that will offer up to six successful applicants the opportunity for a year long programme of professional development.
This fellowship, for each writer, will include a bursary of £22,568 to write a spec script for an original idea over the course of a year, monthly development events and workshops, and a paid placement in a writers room of a Netflix or Sky series.
They are looking for applications from writers of Black, Asian and other racial and ethnic backgrounds that are under-represented in the High End TV and film industry.
Each submission will be assessed by an experienced script reader. Shortlisted applicants will then be interviewed and selected by a panel of industry experts.
The Fellowship offer
- A bursary of £22,568 over 12 months to write a spec script for an original idea.
- Paid placement in a writers’ room on a Netflix or Sky show, including the opportunity to write a shadow script and receive feedback on it.
- Credit for writers’ room participation.
- Production shadowing, details of which will be COVID-19 dependent.
- Regular development workshops and events.
- Allocation of an industry mentor.
- Three mentoring meetings with Bisha K Ali over the course of the year; beginning, middle and end of programme.
We want to encourage greater diversity of voices among new writers, and so are looking for Black, Asian and other racially and ethnically under-represented writers to apply.
We’re looking for dedicated writers with an authentic and original voice in all scripted genres, so we’ll need to see an example of your work – this means submitting a script.
All the rules and information you need to know regarding the Fellowship can be found here !
Source: Netflix Screen Writers